“Hi, I'm Olaf, and I like Warm Hugs” ― Olaf
What is it called when a start feels like an ending? Of course, the arrival of December!
While you prepare for holidays, feasts and Christmas celebrations, we’ve got a complete list of December Quotes that you can use for any special day or event you want.
Because December is the most beautiful month of the year, yet it can feel like things are coming to an end.
So whether you’re feeling a bit sad or all excited for the holidays and The New Year, this list will save your time by providing all you need in one go.
So, let’s find a quote for your snowman!
Welcome this month with one of the heartwarming December Quotes below because Baby It's Cold Outside! Brrrr!
- “December's wintery breath is already clouding the pond, frosting the pane, obscuring summer's memory...” ― John Geddes A Familiar Rain
- The color of springtime is in the flowers; the color of winter is in the imagination. - Terri Guillemets
- “The cold is coming. December’s winter solstice. Start of the season.” – Robert Pettit
- It is never over, though we are in December. – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December. – James M. Barrie
- “New month, new day, new date, new chapter, new page, new wishes! Welcome December! – Sally-Jo La Mont
- "No matter what my fortune may be, or where I may roam, in December, I'll be going home." —Floyd Huddleston
- “Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December; and each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- It is December, and nobody asked if I was ready. – Sarah Kay
- Being the last month of the year, December cannot help but make us think of what is to come. – Fennel Hudson
December Wishes Quotes
Already got a quote or two to paste on your favorite wall, but now thinking of wishing someone a happy December too? No worries! These ten wishes from our list of December Quotes would not let you fret!
- “Hello December! You’re the last one so be the best one.” –Unknown
- “As it is the last month of the year, every embargo of the devil placed upon you shall be destroyed in Jesus name. Happy new month.” – Anonymous
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Happy December!” – Unknown
- “Let no devil stop you from achieving your goals. May you strive harder and in the forward direction in the last month of the year.” – Anonymous
- “I wish you great moments, as we approach the New Year, Happy New Month.” – Unknown
- “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and, without failure, recover all. Welcome to December, the Month of total recovery.” – Unknown
- “It's always a treat to wish Happy December to someone as beautiful as a snowflake.” –Unknown
- “When cool winds came all-around December of memories came. Happy December!” –Anonymous
- “May millions of lamps illuminate your life with endless joy, prosperity, health and wealth this month and forever. Wishing you and your family a very Happy December!” – Author Unknown
- “Saying goodbye to November and hello December. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.” – Unknown
Famous Christmas Quotes
Christmas is special for all of us, and everyone tries to make it as special as possible. So we’ve curated some quotes to bless our list of December Quotes with all the Christmas happiness!
- “Christmas is built upon a beautiful and intentional paradox; that the birth of the homeless should be celebrated in every home.” – G.K. Chesterton
- "Christmas is a piece of one’s home that one carries in one’s heart." – Freya Stark
- “I planned out our whole day. First, we’ll make snow angels for a two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Toll House cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we’ll snuggle.” – Elf
- “Blast this Christmas music. It’s joyful and triumphant.” – The Grinch
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.” – Norman Vincent Peal
- “‘One can never have enough socks,’ said Dumbledore. ‘Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn’t get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.’” — J. K. Rowling
- "There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen." –Frosty the Snowman
- "I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way [they] handle these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." –Maya Angelou
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” –Roy L. Smith
- "Christmas is the spirit of giving without a thought of getting. It is happiness because we see joy in people. It is forgetting self and finding time for others. It is discarding the meaningless and stressing the true values." — Thomas S. Monson
These Christmas Tees will definitely help you complete your Christmas outfit within your comfort zone!
We can bet! ☺️
December Inspirational Quotes
To uplift your ‘feeling all blues’ mood, take inspiration from any of the following quotes and kick start your long-due work!
- “It seems like everything sleeps in winter, but it’s really a time of renewal and reflection.” – Elizabeth Camden
- “As we look to the new year, hold on to what is good. Let go of what is bad. It really is that simple.” - Mandy Hale
- “Cold in the earth and fifteen wild Decembers, from those brown hills, have melted into spring.” – Emily Bronte
- “Every December, I host a tree-trimming party. I serve chili with cornbread and lots of good wine. It's a wonderful party, and it shows how much adults like to play.” – Maya Angelou
- “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” –Unknown
- “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” – Edith Sitwell
- “All men think that happiness lies at the top of the mountain while it lays in how you climb it.” –Confucius
- “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
- "Of all the months of the year there is not a month one half so welcome to the young, or so full of happy associations, as the last month of the year." —Charles Dickens
- "December has the clarity, the simplicity, and the silence you need for the best FRESH START of your life." —Vivian Swift
Besides, wear clothes that inspire you for the day, such as “Dreamer T-shirt, or get a mug that has your favorite quotation embedded on that.
December Quotes and Sayings for Calendars
Do you have an exam coming right after the Christmas holidays? Or a project that needs scheduling on your calendar?
Whatever the reason may be, these December Quotes will sprinkle Magic Dust on your calendars to keep you inspired throughout this month! ☺️
- “If we make it through December, everything's gonna be alright I know; it's the coldest time of winter and I shiver when I see the falling snow.” – Merle Haggard
- “An artist is an explorer.” –Henri Matisse
- “Happiness is the joy we feel striving toward our potential.” – Shawn Achor
- “Someone asked me when my birthday is? The poet inside me replied, "My birthday is on the last day of the year, it’s 31st December my dear!” ― Anamika Mishra
- “Don't go into the new year holding a grudge from last year.” – Joel Osteen
- “The journey is the reward.” –Steve Jobs
- “Bye November, thanks for the memories. Hi December, I look forward to making new ones.” –Unknown
- “We're not dictated by the calendar, nor does the calendar sweep the obstructions from our lives when the second hand reaches midnight in the wee and fleeting hours of December. We can choose to move toward something new at any time.” -Craig D. Lounsbrough
- "I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be December 1." ―Jerry Spinelli
- “I've been on a calendar, but I've never been on time.” – Marilyn Monroe
December Motivational Quotes
Our mantra ‘pray more worry less’ printed on our favorite tee, and the following quotes help us keep going when we feel less motivated.
You can try this too by scrolling down!
- “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” ―Aristotle
- “Chill December brings the sleet, Blazing fire, and Christmas treat.” Sara Coleridge
- “Some people are worth melting for.” - Frozen, Olaf
- “I’m going to make everything around me beautiful—that will be my life.” –Elsie de Wolfe
- “Between possible and impossible … two letters and a state of mind.” –Charles de Gaulle
- “This looks like a December day, it looks like we’ve come to the end of the way.” – Willie Nelson
- “I know. I'm lazy. But I made myself a New Year’s resolution that I would write myself something really special. Which means I have 'til December, right?” – Catherine O'Hara
- “December is the holdout month, all the others torn away.” ― Anne Gisleson
- “In the winter she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold.” – Ben Aaronovitch
- "There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." --Louis L'Amour
If you’ve been looking for a good poem to read while holding your coffee mug in one hand and scrolling down with the other, then your search has finally come to an end! We definitely couldn’t think of not adding poems to our list of December Quotes.
So here you go:
- “From December to March, there are for many of us three gardens —
the garden outdoors,
the garden of pots and bowls in the house,
and the garden of the mind’s eye.” — Katherine S. White
- "I prefer winter and fall, when you feel the bone structure in the landscape - the loneliness of it - the dead feeling of winter. Something waits beneath it - the whole story doesn't show." - Andrew Wyeth
- “The fallen leaves are cornflakes
That fill the lawn’s wide dish.
That night and noon, the wind a spoon
And stirs them with a swish
The sky’s a silver sifter,
a-sifting white and slow
that gently shakes on crisp brown flakes
the sugar known as snow.” –Michelle
- “We go through Poseidon’s month.
Ponderous clouds sag with water
and furious storms break out
collapsing the rain earthward.” ― Anakreon
- “The cold slope is standing in darkness
But the south of the trees is dry to the touch
The heavy limbs climb into the moonlight bearing feathers
I came to watch these
White plants older at night
Come first to the ruins
And I hear magpies kept awake by the moon
The water flows through its
Own fingers without end
Tonight once more
I find a single prayer and it is not for men.” – William Stanley Merwin
- “Be at peace,
Tempest tossed seas of soul,
Give me rest,
From doubt, and fear
Sun find my face,
Light find my heart,
Song find my story,
Smile find my face,
Be at peace,
Be at peace,
For my life is finite,
And these storms,
Have raged too long,
Must surrender spring.” – R.Queen
- “Sun rises to bless you with a new hope;
Moon smiles at you to let you know that
Darkness isn’t always a woe
Stars dazzle to make you assure
That you still glow in someone’s heart;
Clouds gives a huge whisper to make
You understand that not everything has a dirt.” – Sumedha Sharma
- “When dark December glooms the day,
And takes our autumn joys away;
When short and scant the sun-beam throws,
Upon the weary waste of snows...” – Walter Scott
- “I heard a bird sing
In the dark of December,
A magical thing,
And sweet to remember:
We are nearer to spring
Than we were in September." – Oliver Herford
- "I've been a dweller on the plains,
have sighed when summer days were gone;
No more I'll sigh; for winter here
Hath gladsome gardens of his own." – Dorothy Wordsworth
December Love Quotes
December always brings a renewed sense of love and meeting people you’ve been living far from.
So while you are missing someone or about to send a text to tell how much you adore them, pick one of the following quotes and make their day special!
- “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” –Charles Dickens
- “All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost: the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.” –J.R.R. Tolkien
- “My brothers and sisters, true love is a reflection of the Savior’s love. In December of each year we call it the Christmas spirit. You can hear it. You can see it. You can feel it.” –Thomas S. Monson
- “Do your heart and head keep pace? When does hoary Love expire, when do frosts put out the fire? Can its embers burn below all that chill December snow?” - Edmund Clarence Stedman
- “Will you love me in December as you do in May. Will you love me in the good old fashioned way? When my hair has all turned gray, will you kiss me then and say that you love me in December as you do in May?” –James Walker
- “Remember this December that love weighs more than gold.” –Josephine Daskam Bacon
- “If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor.” –Nicolas Chamfort
- “Snow falling softly on lashes of eyes you love, and a cold cheek growing warm next to your own in hushed dark familial December.” –James Schuyler
- “We love the things we love for what they are.” –Robert Frost
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” –Unknown
December Birthday Quotes
December borns are mostly positive persons, but even the sweetest cake turns sore when left unattended.
Therefore, don’t forget to surprise your pals on their hatch day using one of the lovely wishes from our December quotes.
- “Thank you for being born during the holidays. It’s great to have one more reason to celebrate! Happy Birthday!” –Unknown
- “I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.” –Arthur C. Clarke
- “You are born in December that means you are really blessed by the god. Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas.” –Author Unknown
- “Happy Birthday to my wonderful December born husband! From the moment I met you I knew that I wanted to share my life with you. I am so happy that I have you in my life, my best friend.” –Lynda Yartin
- “As far as gifts go, you’re one of the best Christmas presents I’ve ever gotten. Happy Christmas Birthday!” –Anonymous
- “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” –Sammy Hagar
- “May your birthday be bright as your smile, warm as your heart, and as sparkly as your accessories!” –Unknown
- “Dear Sagittarius, embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable!” –Janelle Monae
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” –Diane von Furstenberg
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” –Oprah Winfrey
- December Quotes for Instagram
- Unable to think of a caption for your best Instagram picture that is not only funky but also relates to your December mood?
- Scroll down and pick any quote you want, and hit the post button!
- "December, being the last month of the year, cannot help but make us think of what is to come." –Fennel Hudson
- "Once upon a December." – Anastasia
- “Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity.” – Novala Takemoto
- “By December an elastic skin of ice reached out hundreds of miles into the sea, rolling with every wave.” ― Will Chancellor, A Brave Man Seven Storeys Tall
- “Puts a selfie on top of the Christmas tree because I’m a star.” –Unknown
- “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.” –Dr. Seuss
- “Sweet nut twisted. Does that make me a Candy Cane?” – Unknown
- “Always jingle all the way. Nobody likes a half-assed jingler.” –Anonymous
- “With every falling flake, a unique spark of interest falls from heaven.” – P. Miller
- “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” –Verna M. Kelly
Funny December Quotes
Time to switch from my everyday anxiety to my fancy Christmas anxiety. Funny, right? That’s how we roll ;)
If you too want to, then read the quotes below and laugh your heart out:
- “My December is typically one big, sweaty ‘wintry mix’ blur, not a punch-laden, heartwarming mixer.” – Emily Weiss
- “I love Christmas. I receive a lot of wonderful presents I can’t wait to exchange.” — Henny Youngman
- “Christmas is a baby shower that went totally overboard.” –Andy Borowitz
- “Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” –Dave Barry
- ”It’s always consoling to know that today’s Christmas gifts are tomorrow’s garage sales.”— Milton Berle
- “December 25thhas become guilt and obligation.” –Phil Donahue
- “Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.” –N O’Brien
- “Next to a circus there ain’t nothing that packs up and tears out faster than the Christmas spirit.” – Kin Hubbard
- "There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus." –Bob Phillips
- “Sending Christmas cards is a good way to let your friends and family know that you think they’re worth the price of a stamp.” – Melanie White
Every month is special in its own way and holds memories that are not relatable to others. Similarly, just because we’ve talked about all things December here, it doesn’t mean that other months are of any less significance.
With that note, we hope you liked every line just like us.
Also, if you’ve got any suggestions to make, please drop it in the comments section below.
Happy Snowy days!